Hello all,

I have been surfing all over the web to try to find the answer to this question but cant seem to find it:

Does Norton's cleansweep delete all the temporary files and recycle bin for all users on an XP/win2k machine or only the user that is logged in at the time?

IF not does anyone know which tools out there automatically clean all the temporary files for all users?

Thanks for the help in advance!

REgards,
Loren

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

well wen i used it it only cleared the recycle bin of the user logged in, but it erased everything else like temp internet files, wots stopping u from clearning the recycle bin in other accounts? also try looking at configuratiojn in norton cleansweep to fix this?

Hi Thanks for your comments, I suppose I could go to each users desktop (when logged in with admin priveledges) and empty the bin. But what I had in mind was a quick and easy solution. If there are many users you can see how that would get old after a while.

I was hoping for a push button fix. I looked in the configuration and manuals and can not figure out if it is possible.

well wen i used it it only cleared the recycle bin of the user logged in, but it erased everything else like temp internet files, wots stopping u from clearning the recycle bin in other accounts? also try looking at configuratiojn in norton cleansweep to fix this?

Why not just use 'Disk Cleanup' from Accessories -> System in the programs menu? It does the same job, and will work on all drives that you tell it to clean.

Does it really clean out all the users on the computer? It seems to me that it is only cleaning the user that is logged in, and not all the temp files from all accounts.

Why not just use 'Disk Cleanup' from Accessories -> System in the programs menu? It does the same job, and will work on all drives that you tell it to clean.

i think catweazel is right (as usual) lol
disk cleanup is a much better tool me thinks

Actually I think Catweazle is wrong! I've just checked Disk Cleanup on a multi-user machine and it most certainly detects different things for different user accounts.

I was merely suggesting it because I can't see the point in using an additional tool when you already have a perfectly good one!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.