On my machine 2M Pro skips the screen that gives you the choice of 2M or another Win op sys, but I just installed 2M on another computer and when it gets to that screen it counts down 25 secs I believe before it loads Windows. Is there a way to disable that. I do not remember if I did anything special on mine to make it skip that segment. Any ideas?

Thanks, BuddyB

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello,

There is a way to disable the countdown, but you should make sure you have your data backed up before you make this modification. While it isn't a serious mod, if you do something wrong, you might not be able to boot properly, and that can be costly.

On your C:\ there is a file called boot.ini Inside it, you will see a value called Timeout=xx where xx will be the number of seconds hat the computer will wait before booting.

I would suggest that you place it down to 5 seconds. WHile you may want to have it be "immediate", there may come a time and place that you need that delay, and wish you had it in there.

UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, do not adjust any other parameters. You will find definitions for other boot partitions within this file. Leave them alone.

Enjoy,

Christian

Thanks Christian, that is good information. I will probably play with that some. They wrote the song, "Fools Rush In" just for me. I've screwed up a lot in my life, but I usually manage to get a problem worked out. Appreciate you.

BuddyB

Also, if you want to be safe, you can Right Click on My Computer and select Properties the on the Advanced tab select Startup and Recovery and change the setting for Display list of Operating systems. You can change the timer or turn it on and off. That way you don't have to worry about mucking too much. :)

Again, thank you guys for helping to make life easier.
BuddyB

Also, if you want to be safe, you can Right Click on My Computer and select Properties the on the Advanced tab select Startup and Recovery and change the setting for Display list of Operating systems. You can change the timer or turn it on and off. That way you don't have to worry about mucking too much. :)

:D I did and it did. Great input thanks.
BuddyB

P.S.: I appreciate everyone's input.

Not being familiar with the boot-up sequence, and why it does what it does, I'm wondering if there is anything else that I might shortcut while I'm at it. Is there some reading that might draw this guy a picture of the boot sequence and the necessities of it? Thanks.

BuddyB

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.