My System is running on Windows 2000 , and Working fine Some times it is Showing SVCHOST.Exe Application Error.

After that Copy/Paste and Some Other functions are not Working .

Pls give Solution.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I don't have the blaster worm and I myself still receive problems with svchost.exe.

It keeps hogging up all my cpu, and I can't lower the priority, and I can't disable it because it disconnects me from the 'net.

:eek:

I don't have the blaster worm and I myself still receive problems with svchost.exe.

It keeps hogging up all my cpu, and I can't lower the priority, and I can't disable it because it disconnects me from the 'net.

:eek:

Do a site search on "coolweb". I think that might be part of your problem.

The other aspect is that svchost.exe is a launcher, so the offending process is "hiding" behind it. I don't run XP or 2000, but the following may help (quote from an earlier post):

Download and extract the free utility PrcView from http://www.teamcti.com/pview/prcview.htm

This utility is excellent for looking at what processes are running on your system. It will show you not only processes but threads that the Task Manager often hides from you, including spyware. It also can give you details on each task and kill them, if you so wish.

Installation doesn't modify the Windows Registry, so you simply extract it to wherever you want. I find it so useful that I put a shortcut to it in my Startup folder; I run it with Windows.

Try running it and let us know what's running.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.