I keep trying to delete msn messenger but it keeps showing up again and again. When I go to 'Add or Remove programs' it won't let me delete it. It says 'This action is only vaild for products currenty installed.' I have downloaded messenger and gone back to delete it, but it still doesn't work.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is it MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger you are having problems with? MSN Messenger should uninstall easily enough, but Windows Messenger is a little more tricky. If it is Windows Messenger, then here's how to get rid of it once and for all (This applies to Windows XP, by the way):

Click Start > Run... and type the following line into the box:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Click OK and Windows Messenger will be removed. If you have SP1 installed you might receive an error during the process, but its safe to ignore it ;)

Other than that, I don't know what the deal is, because as I said MSN Messenger should be easily removed.

Hope this helps :)

How can i cancel the automatic login?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.