I have many people that use my computer and subsequently many searches. I have an HP 533W using Windows XP Home Service Pack 1. I want to know how to get rid of the cached topics that are accessed anytime I double-click on the search box. I know about the explorer tools internet options menu, but this does not have any effect on deleting the topics in search engine windows like google. Any insight would be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Did you try using the 'Clear history' button? Also did you try using Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced and deselecting "Use inline autocomplete"?

Did you try using the 'Clear history' button? Also did you try using Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced and deselecting "Use inline autocomplete"?

Yes and I never had inline autocomplete selected. I tried it again with it selected, but the subjects are still in the search engine window.

Then on the 'Content' tab, choose the 'Autocomplete' button and press 'Clear forms'

If that does it, then disable autocomplete. If not, it's probably the result of an add-on you are using, like Google toolbar or such.

Then on the 'Content' tab, choose the 'Autocomplete' button and press 'Clear forms'

If that does it, then disable autocomplete. If not, it's probably the result of an add-on you are using, like Google toolbar or such.

You're the master. That did it. Thankyou. Regards, Richard

heh heh.......

I was only guessing, mate, and suggestings things that obviously wouldn't cause any harm ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.