I have many people that use my computer and subsequently many searches. I have an HP 533W using Windows XP Home Service Pack 1. I want to know how to get rid of the cached topics that are accessed anytime I double-click on the search box. I know about the explorer tools internet options menu, but this does not have any effect on deleting the topics in search engine windows like google. Any insight would be appreciated.

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Catweazle

Did you try using the 'Clear history' button? Also did you try using Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced and deselecting "Use inline autocomplete"?

Did you try using the 'Clear history' button? Also did you try using Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced and deselecting "Use inline autocomplete"?

Yes and I never had inline autocomplete selected. I tried it again with it selected, but the subjects are still in the search engine window.

Then on the 'Content' tab, choose the 'Autocomplete' button and press 'Clear forms'

If that does it, then disable autocomplete. If not, it's probably the result of an add-on you are using, like Google toolbar or such.

Then on the 'Content' tab, choose the 'Autocomplete' button and press 'Clear forms'

If that does it, then disable autocomplete. If not, it's probably the result of an add-on you are using, like Google toolbar or such.

You're the master. That did it. Thankyou. Regards, Richard

heh heh.......

I was only guessing, mate, and suggestings things that obviously wouldn't cause any harm ;)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.