Hello My HP crashed the other day and i bought a new hard drive and reinstalled XP home every thing working fine started to load my programs that i had lost and i have rebooted it a couple of times in the last day. but today i got a new phone and loaded the Sync on my computer and when it was done loading it said must reboot , said ok and it started to rebood and stoped at the blue screen and locked up all i see is the big HP and F1 (setup) and F10 ( restore) any thing i push will not work.. if i turn it off and push F1 and keep pushing it it will get the same blue screen and in the bottom left corner will be (loading setup..) and it locked up again.. doing this 3 or 4 times finley gets me into set up but dont know what is wrong or y its doing this...HELP!!!! Bob

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It's probably that loading up the phone is the culprit. You should push F10 and try to restore to the checkpoint before you loaded the phone. DON'T do a full system restore at this point...just go back to the restore point before the phone.

There are also some diagnostics in the restore section you can try.

But i can't get to the restore it just goes into setup (F1) and will not go into Restore??

Usually software/driver issues wont interfere with your ability to boot past the BIOS splash screen, so it may just be a coincidence, sounds unlikely but the BIOS rom can't really be effected by changes in windows.

Try resetting your BIOS, either by entering set-up and selecting "return to factory defaults" or unplugging your system and removing then restoring the CMOS battery.

But i can't get to the restore it just goes into setup (F1) and will not go into Restore??

to enter the bios ,it should either be f2 or del key ,pretty sure its f2 with the hp

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.