in my work environment i have a system of intel mb and 1.7pro. with win 98se
i was regularlygetting problems with this explorer becoming slower ans slower as the day progresses even i upgraded with 5.5 also no use ,only if format and reinstall i am getting it right can't i mak the things w/o format

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Because you say as the day progesses ,try emptying tem internet folder once and awhile ,tools /internet options / temp internet files ,delete files .
Also if that doesn't help try ,Start /run/ SFC and check for corrupt and deleted system files .you may need the win98 cd for this

in my work environment i have a system of intel mb and 1.7pro. with win 98se
i was regularlygetting problems with this explorer becoming slower ans slower as the day progresses even i upgraded with 5.5 also no use ,only if format and reinstall i am getting it right can't i mak the things w/o format

How much RAM do you have in your system? How much free space on your hard drive (and what's its capacity)? You may be having a problem with virtual memory, especially if your hard disk is filling up to near its capacity and is fragmented.

Nowadays, anything less than 128 MB of RAM is virtually worthless, though there is a 512 MB RAM limit for Win98 due to its caching scheme.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.