Hi

The bug started last week when I type in for example "www.cc.com" in the address line. I see at the bottom "Finding www.www.cnn.com.net" and then it ends up with the standard page not found from the C drive. I have flushed the dns buffer, done arp -a. I can not remove and reinstall Explorer. I have done a full virus scan, spybot scan. I have installed FireFox 1.0 and this works perfectly.

I need to know if I have a virus or a bug and how to fix it. Is it safe to put my credit card in to explorer as xmas is coming and I need to shop.

Timm

Hi

The bug started last week when I type in for example "www.cc.com" in the address line. I see at the bottom "Finding www.www.cnn.com.net" and then it ends up with the standard page not found from the C drive. I have flushed the dns buffer, done arp -a. I can not remove and reinstall Explorer. I have done a full virus scan, spybot scan. I have installed FireFox 1.0 and this works perfectly.

I need to know if I have a virus or a bug and how to fix it. Is it safe to put my credit card in to explorer as xmas is coming and I need to shop.

Timm

Opps I meant "www.cnn.com" becomes "Finding www.www.cnn.com.net" Sorry

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.