Ok well i finnaly got it and installed everything, I can run NFSU2 on full setings max EVERYTHING and i mean EVERYTHING with not slow down AT ALL.
my fps on cs:s went from 20 to 90-120 with just a cpu and ram upgrade!

now I have a few questions for you

1)is 40-45 degrees C a ok temp for a cpu?
2) should I install SP2? I heard it messed up and slows down your pc
3) is 3-6 average boot time for windows xp on a 64 system (boot time I mean the time it takes for that screen with the XP logo and the blue bar under it to load)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Ok well i finnaly got it and installed everything, I can run NFSU2 on full setings max EVERYTHING and i mean EVERYTHING with not slow down AT ALL.

3) is 3-6 average boot time for windows xp on a 64 system (boot time I mean the time it takes for that screen with the XP logo and the blue bar under it to load)

Hi. Your processor temp seems fine, I assume you mean celcius. My P4 usually runs at about 30-35 degrees celcius.
I would install SP2 for security reasons but you may want to read the thread on this board first. And 3-6 minutes isn't bad, mine boots in about 3 minutes.

3-6 what? Seconds?

My AMD 64 system reboots in 15 seconds flat.

thats a fine temp
Yes install SP2

hahahaaa

My Athlon XP beast boots in about 15 seconds as well! Have you by any chance got network devices installed but not connected. If it's taking several minutes to boot, that could be the cause.

umm yeah I meant 3-6 secs, and I would take like a split second until i installed my ATI drivers, and yes I do have a network adapter but the cable isnt connected.

Great chip isn't. Even better when we eventually enter the 64bit world.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.