I had a blue screen error.I reinstalled windows xp home edition on my machine.But internet is not working now.......

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Hello Kanak. Can you please explain in detail what is the exact problem you face? Also, please list the make and model number of your computer as we might need to find the network drivers for it.

-- Broledh

Here is detail Information:
Product Model: Inspiron 6000
Service Tag: 1G5DK91 (DELL /laptop)
when I do modem test it says Modem dose not found in registry.

then you need to install drivers for the modem

Where I can get that driver...I don't have such a disc or flopy....

Where I can get that driver...I don't have such a disc or flopy....

Dell!
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx
i use the service tag from your other post ,desen have modem drivers but has network drivers ,are you trying to connect to internet via high speed dsl modem .or dialup

what modem are you refereeing to

I am trying to connect to the internet throght comcast high speed modem

ok, right click on mycomputer,go to properties /hardware/device manager ,and make sure the network adapter is installed ,hit the + by network adapter and see what it says .make sure there are no red or yellow ! marks next to it ,if there is then the drivers aren't install for the network adapter ,then go to dell site to get drivers ,

I am trying to connect to the internet throght comcast high speed modem

how ,wired or wireless

went to my computer/properties /hardware/device manager there are no red or yellow mark, 1394 net adapter is there.
but other devices under the network adapter,it has yellow marks(like ethernet controller,multimedia audio contrller,PCI Device, PCI Modem, Video Controller)

it is wireless

went to my computer/properties /hardware/device manager there are no red or yellow mark, 1394 net adapter is there.
but other devices under the network adapter,it has yellow marks(like ethernet controller,multimedia audio contrller,PCI Device, PCI Modem, Video Controller)

1394 adapter is a firewire adapter ,
you need to go to the dell site i posted above and download and install drivers,for all the devices with the yellow marks ,like sound/video/network adapter ,motherboard chipset and so on ,if you don't know how to do this then take it to someone who does

can u tell me the name of the driver on that site? please

can u tell me the name of the driver on that site? please

no ,sorry you should be able to figure that out,use you service tag on the site i posted and it will list the drivers for you laptop !
i have no way of know what ones are correct if there is more than one to choose from for anyone device ,
the ones with yellow ! are clearly marked as,network adapter / video device /or sound/audio device ,ect ect

Okey I have downloaded all the drivers for sound and video ...Thanks for your help

ok ,now you need the one marked chipset for motherboard drivers ,and the network one for you network adapter ,the broadcom driver .and there are 2 different wireless one so you will have to check with the laptop documentation,should have come with the laptop .or written on the box it came in , to find what one you have . or you will not be able to connect to the internet

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.