my wmp11 vista home premium is NOT working every time i try and open media center I get an error message saying microsoft has encountered a problem and must close!!!!!!!!!!!!!what is the deal?????????????????I'v read lots of posts online but no solutions to the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!2

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Reinstall WMP, it's on microsofts site.

I have had this same problem. Spent a couple of hours on chat with Dell (my computer manufacturer) before he finally got it "fixed"

so all i need 2 do is uninstall wmp11 vista? I was told w/ Vista u can not uninstall...........but I will try thank you I will let you all know if all is well

Reinstall WMP, it's on microsofts site.

I will try that ASAP!!!!!!!!! Or shall I say as soon as i can get my 5yr old off the computer......ur sure i can reinstall wmp11 vista?:)

what did they have you do?

I have had this same problem. Spent a couple of hours on chat with Dell (my computer manufacturer) before he finally got it "fixed"

what did they have you do?

You can't "uninstall" it, but you can reinstall it. If you download the installation package (it's labeled as WMP11 for XP, but it's the same program) When you go to install it you'll have a repair option.

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did this fix the problem for you?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.