I have a MSI neo platinum 4 mb with 2 gig ram tested with memtest, updated all drivers including video and get random bsod errors irql_not_less_or_equal. The computer may go for days than all of a sudden the machin shuts down. I have reloaded windows xp 2 times and the problem still recurrs. I can not repeat or duplicate the problem. The machine may work fine for 1 hour or for 6 or 7 days then it happens. I am using windows xp professional have all the windows updates still random bsod as above. No new software or hardware added. But this machine has been doing this over and over even with the reinstallation of windows xp.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Try updating to Sp3.

Is it overheating?
Got enough power?

Try updating to Sp3.

Is it overheating?
Got enough power?

As far as I know NO. I have the case open and it has 600 watt thermaltake power supply that is new. I could post the minidumps if someone would like to take a stab at looking at them to determine the cause of the BSOD. I have checked almost everything and have come up empty on the cause of this BSOD.

Go into system -> advanced -> startup and recovery

turn "automatically restart" off. Next time it BSODs makea note of the number which begins with 0x and post it here

I could post the minidumps if someone would like to take a stab at looking at them to determine the cause of the BSOD. .

post them and i will have a look see ,just learning all this ,but you never know i may see something !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.