Ive just bought call of duty world at war for my new pc but when trying to play it everything is in slow motion. My graphic card is nvidia geforce 8200. Can anyone help me . My os is vista

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Could you give us a little more detail? Like how much RAM (random access memory) You have, how much disk space it needs and how much disk space you have available, and your processors speed. It most likely has to do with processor speed and memory but I will have to assess that later.

Could you give us a little more detail? Like how much RAM (random access memory) You have, how much disk space it needs and how much disk space you have available, and your processors speed. It most likely has to do with processor speed and memory but I will have to assess that later.

It is a amd phenom 8450 triple core processor 2.10 ghz 3gb ram 141 gb free hard drive

Your computer's processor is not fast enough. Triple core means all 3 core's together are running at 2.10ghz. Correct me if im wrong.

Another option is to reinstall the game.

commented: Please do your research before telling someone that they need a new processor. Please research how multi core processors work. +0

Yes I am sure your right. Do you think i could update the processor to a faster one. I only bought this computer for christmas. Its a packard bell imedia 2326aio.

Thanks.

No Desmond; he is incorrect. I have researched how dual cores, triple cores, and quad cores work and this is an excerpt that may help you out "Each "core" independently implements optimizations such as superscalar execution, pipelining, and multithreading." My source is wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple-core I have learned that wiki is usually correct in some tech areas. Since we have confirmed it is NOT your processor causing the problem. I would be interested in how much of your memory is free and not being used by other programs. Go to your task manager and click performance and then look and see how much available physical memory you have.
I did some research on your game and it requires a 3.00 gigahert processor; you may have a 2.10 gigahertz triple core processor but the game will still lag a little. I wouldn't reccomend buying a new processor because processors are changing faster than I can type. Last I heard the 7i was out but I am sure that maybe obsolete by now. I do not know your computer skills but if you feel confident in overclocking your processor without frying your motherboard or processor I would reccomend that. Overclocking can be dangerous and sometimes deadly to your computer problems that I know exist are overheating, and many others. I would reccomend that you do complete research on all of your components and motherboard before you OC (overclock)

To simply saying, you can't play this game with the specs of your machine.
Call of duty world at war is the latest game, thus requires at least quad core up to 3.0Ghz & 512Mb pci 2.0 express video card with chip nvidia 8800 or later such as 9500GT, 9800GTX..

Google is your friend man..type in "Call of duty world at war requirement"...

Don't stuck up with unclear statement.

Based on that google search:
* CPU: AMD 64 3200+ / Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz +
* Memory: 512MB (XP) or 1GB (Vista)
* HD Space: 8GB
* Graphical Card: Nvidia 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or higher (Shader 3.0 or better) with 256MB memory

That means it only requires a single core processor, with 1GB of memory on vista, and a 6600+. The only requirement I see there is they recommend 3Ghz+ when he only has a 2.1Ghz, I'm not sure that would cause a "slow motion" that he's seeing though, most likely would just cause some choppy screen movement. One of the things that strikes me on those requirements is the shader 3.0+, which may not be available on the 8200 series cards, might want to make sure you have the latest drivers and check to see what version of shader your using.

Side note: If the game can play on a PS2, then his computer should be able to blow it away. I think the issue is directly related to vista + 8000 series Nvidia card.

You can actually play the Call of Duty: World At War in nVidia 8200 card. You just have to go in settings and lower your Texture, Screen Resolution as well as Sound settings to best fit your needs.

If you have a 22" monitor attached to your CPU especially Wide screen, then you better uninstall the game because it will force the Graphics Card to display more pixel at a point than it's capable of compared to normal square-box monitor.

That's just a minimum requirement that the publisher gave. However, lets say we have all these stuffs on our machine we probably won't be able to smoothly run the game, because all these hardware need to share with windows service and some applications.

The 8200 is a rubbish card.

Ive got an 8600 1gb and it runs it on medium/low

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.