Hi, I have downloaded a legal copy of Windows XP Pro from the MSDN Academic Alliance Software program. The file is an ISO so I burned to a CD. I am in the process of building a new PC, will this disc let me install XP or do I need to changed the format of the XP file(s)? The hard drive I will be installing this on will be blank.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Did You burn it using a image burning program or just burn it as data file .if data file no it will not work!!

Did You burn it using a image burning program or just burn it as data file .if data file no it will not work!!

Caperjack, I burned it using RecordNow which asked me if I wanted to burn it as an Image- so thats what I did. So it should work?

Yes it should work ,you can test it now by putting it in you cdrom and it should auto open and show you the flash screen and you can then just hit exit on the screen .if it does then it should work

cdt1983, next time just go for it

you can always re format your hard drive later

cdt1983, next time just go for it

you can always re format your hard drive later

That's kind of um, dumb advice, no offense.

"Just going for it" might not have helped him. What if he burned the CD the wrong way? The he wouldn't have been able to even boot from the CD.

Thanks for all the help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.