For all of you who probably know and those who don’t know Google came out with their first web browser Google Chrome on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 and Just 100 days later it came out of beta on Thursday, December 11, 2008. So why was Google Chrome rushed out of beta when Gmail, one of the top and best email services, still in beta and has been for about 5 years?

I think that Google want to get Chrome out there and be the most popular browser. It is already on track to offer the features of Firefox and other leading browsers. And soon rumor has it that Dell will start putting Chrome on their machines. So what will happen when those people that use Internet Explorer because it is installed on there computers start using Chrome because it will be the default browser and other people start using Chrome because it is better then Firefox, Opera, and Safari?

I think that when Google Chrome takes out the other entire web browser even Internet Explorer (web development will be fun!) Google will be able to have there web applications act like real apps and take out normal applications.

Google will run our emails, calendars, maps, documents, soon our cell phones, soon all our applications, and eventually our OS (online OS).

This is my prediction what is yours?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

And soon rumor has it that Dell will start putting Chrome on their machines. So what will happen when those people that use Internet Explorer because it is installed on there computers start using Chrome because it will be the default browser and other people start using Chrome because it is better then Firefox, Opera, and Safari?

yeah but dell have been putting firefox on thier machines since like 2006 and it has made no impact

and its not better. chrome isnt that good IMHO.

I don't think Chrome will become the number 1 browser, at least in the next 3 years.

You state:

So what will happen when those people that use Internet Explorer because it is installed on there computers start using Chrome because it will be the default browser and other people start using Chrome because it is better then Firefox, Opera, and Safari?

Who says that Chrome is better than the other browsers you listed? It may be better for you, but people use different browsers for different reasons, so what you think is "better", may not be best browser for them.

Depending which report you read, Firefox has 20-30% browser market share, which has taken them years to gain, I can't see Chrome becoming number 1 for a long time yet, if ever.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.