Hi, I just had a simple question about my Operating System Disk. I am planning to purchase an extra COA licence for XP Pro but the COA is only for OEM XP CD's. now, if my dell computer came preinstalled with XP Pro, is the reinstallation disk for the operating system an OEM?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The question is a bit confusing but keep in mind:

It makes no difference where the CD is used as long as there is a license to accompany the installation. So say you own two PCs and one has the OEM tag on it. You buy another license and install with the CD of the other machine, you're set because you have properly licensed the PC.

Hope it helps...and to my knowledge, I am correct in this. :cheesy:

The question is a bit confusing but keep in mind:

It makes no difference where the CD is used as long as there is a license to accompany the installation. So say you own two PCs and one has the OEM tag on it. You buy another license and install with the CD of the other machine, you're set because you have properly licensed the PC.

Hope it helps...and to my knowledge, I am correct in this. :cheesy:

Ok, this answers my question........ and sorry for the confusion........ i was just wondering if a DELL ISSUED version of XP Professional is considered an "OEM." thanks :D

All signs point to:

YES

commented: Helped me out a bunch. Thanks! +1

All signs point to:

YES

Thanks a bunch!!!! ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.