Hello,
I just purchased Microsoft Vista at Circuit City. When I went to install there was NO DVD and only one half of the product key. Circuit City will not reimburse me, or exchange for something else. Need the software/key legally. I’d like to find a full download and figure out what the other half of my product key is. Is there an easy way around this expensive problem. Thanks!!! Sherri

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

hmm...i think you better force them to get what you wanted..hehehe..as far as I know you cannot find a legal key here on the web....

In this case legal = lawyer. We assume you've got the purchase receipt.

Microsoft parts replacement fixed my problem. They're sending me a new copy Microsoft Vista Ultimate in the mail with a new key. I figured they hassle me, but not at all. 1800-360-7561 Microsoft Help Number. Hope this helps someone else out there. Sherri

Hello,
I just purchased Microsoft Vista at Circuit City. When I went to install there was NO DVD and only one half of the product key. Circuit City will not reimburse me, or exchange for something else. Need the software/key legally. I’d like to find a full download and figure out what the other half of my product key is. Is there an easy way around this expensive problem. Thanks!!! Sherri

BTW, Circuit City never reimbursed me. They accused me of taking the software. Good thing they went out of business or I would have followed through with them if you know what I mean.

On a positive note, Microsoft came through for once. I called and told them my scenario and they sent me a new package of software. NO QUESTIONS. They even included a 64 bit version (I did not need or purchase from Circuit City).

Microsoft support are some of the best in the business, especially when it comes to issueing replacement disk sets and other essentials to customers.
I've never had them NOT come through in fact, the only time they couldn't help me was when my Outlook database was corrupt beyond repair, but even then they at least tried (and at no cost too, despite me not having a paid support contract with them).

They also helped me a lot of times as I called them on behalf of some of my clients as they had problems.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.