Can any one tell me how to rename the start button. Suppose i want to name my start button as"Rahul" instead on start. Plz tell me?
check out this link...
Thanks for the link but whenever i restart my computer it again shows the same old name( START). Is there any parmanent way to rename my start button.
You have to play with the registry inorder to change the name of the start button. If you are a non-tech user, then please dont go for it.
To rename the start button, you will need a hex editor.
My preference is UltraEdit
1. Copy the \windows\explore.exe file to a new name (e.g. explorer_1.exe)
2. With the hex editor, open that file and go to offset 412b6
3. You will see the word start with blanks between each letter
4. Edit it be any 5 characters or less
5. Save the file
6. Boot to DOS
7. Copy the existing c:\windows\explorer.exe to explorer.org
8. Copy explorer_1.exe to explorer.exe
9. You will also need to replace the explorer.exe in the c:\windows\system32\dllcache file as well with the new one.
Note: If the partition is NTFS and you can't access the files from DOS:
1. Start Regedit
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon.
3. Change the value of Shell from Explorer.exe to explorer_1.exe
Does anyone know the function and origin of the wireless profile, bungle4?
I've been cleaning up my numerous vbScript files and when I tidied, then tested Metered.vbs, it produced the ...
I'm trying to install an Iomega Zip 100 MB Drive on an Asus Z97 64bit motherboard running Windows 10 with a PCI express ide connector to substitute for the lack ...
Right now I own a Satellite C655 and I am planning to upgrade to a new laptop. I am looking for something faster & around 400$. I work ...