a friend of mine has a PC thats running on an XP pro 2002 version OS i tried to upgrade it to service pack 2 but theres a message that keeps popping up during setup that says : "Setup cannot upgrade due to third party kernel" What does this mean and what should we do........

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Neitz

done that.... what happens next???
is there any remedy to this situation?
what do you think caused this???

Problem Solved....... i did what you and microsoft said and it worked..... i figured the problem was caused by a logon screen from tuneup utilities. Thanks again

a friend of mine has a PC thats running on an XP pro 2002 version OS i tried to upgrade it to service pack 2 but theres a message that keeps popping up during setup that says : "Setup cannot upgrade due to third party kernel" What does this mean and what should we do........

plz answer me

Problem Solved....... i did what you and microsoft said and it worked..... i figured the problem was caused by a logon screen from tuneup utilities. Thanks again

the proplem not solved

plz help me

go to the page suggested by jbennet in post #3 and follow the instructions

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.