a friend of mine has a PC thats running on an XP pro 2002 version OS i tried to upgrade it to service pack 2 but theres a message that keeps popping up during setup that says : "Setup cannot upgrade due to third party kernel" What does this mean and what should we do........

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

done that.... what happens next???
is there any remedy to this situation?
what do you think caused this???

did you do what me and microsoft said?

is it a legal copy?

Problem Solved....... i did what you and microsoft said and it worked..... i figured the problem was caused by a logon screen from tuneup utilities. Thanks again

a friend of mine has a PC thats running on an XP pro 2002 version OS i tried to upgrade it to service pack 2 but theres a message that keeps popping up during setup that says : "Setup cannot upgrade due to third party kernel" What does this mean and what should we do........

plz answer me

Problem Solved....... i did what you and microsoft said and it worked..... i figured the problem was caused by a logon screen from tuneup utilities. Thanks again

the proplem not solved

plz help me

unable to set up windows coz 3rd party kernel how i solve this propleem

Do as i said in my post

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;327101

do that

if it still gives you the error, try checking the core system files against the versions on the CD by instering the windows CD, going to run and typing sfc /scannow

go to the page suggested by jbennet in post #3 and follow the instructions

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.