Hello,

I have recently received a portable word processor (dreamwriter 400) as a sort of castoff. It works, and I would like to use it, but I have no manual to guide me. I can figure out the processor itself, but it is supposed to be able to communicate with a PC via a serial null modem hookup. I have the serial cable and the modem (it has a variable baud rate setting) in the PWP seems to be working correctly but when I hook it up nothing happens. I believe that I have to have some sort of software on my computer for the two to communicate. Does anyone know what program I might try? The compnay that produced these (in Canada) is out of business so the only oprion is a generic program.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

kashkow1

Hello,

I have recently received a portable word processor (dreamwriter 400) as a sort of castoff. It works, and I would like to use it, but I have no manual to guide me. I can figure out the processor itself, but it is supposed to be able to communicate with a PC via a serial null modem hookup. I have the serial cable and the modem (it has a variable baud rate setting) in the PWP seems to be working correctly but when I hook it up nothing happens. I believe that I have to have some sort of software on my computer for the two to communicate. Does anyone know what program I might try? The compnay that produced these (in Canada) is out of business so the only oprion is a generic program.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

kashkow1

soory i don't have a answer ,i searched and F ound some info and the name of the software it uses[Dreamlink]] but othing on where to get the software ,but ca contact to get parts and accessories maybe the have software ir suggestions ,
http://www.brainium.com/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.