Me again. I am having a huge problem with a modem.

My grandfather decided that he didn't need all this 'junk' on his computer, so he decided to uninstall all of it and not contact me. Needless to say, he can't get back on the internet.

I took a look at the thing and thought 'All I have to do is to install the drivers again and everything should be right.'

I installed the drivers and nothing. The computer still says that there is no modem. It is in the modems (under modem properties) and it says that it is in COM 2. I know that that is wrong and I need to get this corrected. Anyone have any ideas?

The Computer is an IBM Aptiva (I know, old thing) with WIN 95 (REALLY old thing). There wasn't a problem before he did that.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

which internet provider is he using? and do you have the web address for their homepage?

Me again. I am having a huge problem with a modem.

I installed the drivers and nothing. The computer still says that there is no modem. It is in the modems (under modem properties) and it says that it is in COM 2. I know that that is wrong and I need to get this corrected. Anyone have any ideas?

Remove it from device manager and reinstall ,you should get a prompt to pick where to install it .pick com 3 . and install .

I try to select another COM but there in only COM2 and the LTP port. THe ISP is Juno... It was working fine untill my aunt started deleting programs and the software for the modem was one of them

I try to select another COM but there in only COM2 and the LTP port. THe ISP is Juno... It was working fine untill my aunt started deleting programs and the software for the modem was one of them

Right click mycomputer /properties /device manager ,does the modem show in there with out and yellow or red ! .If there is any thatms problems .remove it from there and rboot computer and if its plug and play it will pick up and prompt you to install modem .direct it to where you ahve the drivers .floppy or cdrom .

Here we go.

Delete any remaining modem software.

It can then be downloaded again from here

Save it to a disk and take it round and re-install it or if they still have the CD that they installed from the first time round get them to re-run that.

The other option would be to contact them and the contact details can be found here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.