I was on my computer last night and turned it off around 3am.. I turned it back on again and it runs till the windows screen appers before user selection ad i receive a box titled above reading
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click ok to terminate the application.
When I click ok I am left with a blank black screen.
I was usin Mozilla firefox and had removed windows IE before shuttin down as it was causin me problems..
Can anyone help me?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I used the ultimate boot cd 4win and it booted from cd I cannot move the selection bar up or down so it goes ahead and i get a message now loading ultimate boot cd for windows but then i get a blue screen saying
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time u seen this message.........

check for viuses..... etc
run CHKDSK /F to check for corruption
I can't do anythin keeps happening...
I am at a loss.

Link was very interesting Asphodel. Good to have. I cannot get to my desktop tho. So it is no good in this situation

I have widows media center 2005edition on my pc. i bought it in shop so was not provided with discs. i was using a borrowed disc.
any ideas wer i cud get a copy of the particular disc to use with my genuine serial no's or wud the shop give me a copy

Can you start windows in Safe Mode?? You may have got infected...These are the possibilities of lsass.exe

Returned 8 results for "lsass.exe"

lsass.exe
The process lsass.exe serves as the Local Security Authentication Server by Microsoft, Inc...

lsass.exe
lsass.exe is registered as a downloader. This process usually comes bundled with a virus ...
Trojan.W32.Downloader

lsass.exe
lsass.exe is a process which is registered as a trojan.
Trojan.W32.Windang, Trojan.W32.Spybot & backdoor.W32.ratsou

lsass.exe
Trojan.W32.KELVIR

lsass.exe
Trojan.W32.Rontokbr

lsass.exe
Trojan.W32.Satiloler

lsass.exe
Trojan.W32.Webus

lsass.exe
Trojan.W32.satiloler

If you are actually infected, repairing will not be an option since the infection may persist...You'll have to format if you are unable to somehow log into windows and run scans to get rid of any infection..

I cannot start in safe mode. it will not allow F8. I put my HD in as a slave in my friends pc we took off wat we wanted but he formatted it. there is a partition and now it is showing 2 OS's. I cannot remember my administrator password to get restore from partition :(

I cannot start in safe mode. it will not allow F8. I put my HD in as a slave in my friends pc we took off wat we wanted but he formatted it. there is a partition and now it is showing 2 OS's. I cannot remember my administrator password to get restore from partition :(

Your post is a bit unclear..Did you connect it back to your pc?? Did you completely format and reinstall an OS?? which one(OS)?? how many partitions did you initially have and on which one was the OS initially and which all partitions did you format??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.