Hi guys I have formatted a friends Acer Travelmate 4000 laptop and reinstalled windows xp pro, I have the yellow ? for other devices - Network Controller. In device manager it tells me The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28). Location PCI bus 2, device 4Reinstall Driver. ..
Details.. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_27018086&REV_05\4&16793A72&0&20F0.
Resources.. This device isn't using any resources because it has a problem.
I have updated drivers but when hardware is found comes up it still cant find the drivers.
I have gone to Acer and updated everything from there and have also tried intel.
When I was updating drivers found new hardware came up saying it found network controller but when I try to update, it cant find it.
I have also tried to put in the xp cd but no luck with that either as I am not really sure what I should be doing once the cd boots up.
Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Are you sure you're using the right drivers from the Acer website? Most of the time OEM's have 5+ network drivers for each PC, and in my experience you have to try each one until you find the right driver.

Are you sure you're using the right drivers from the Acer website? Most of the time OEM's have 5+ network drivers for each PC, and in my experience you have to try each one until you find the right driver.

Thanks for your reply. Well at this point I'm really not sure, what i did was i downloaded all the drivers that were available for the make and model and for xp pro and just installed everything. Am pretty sure the driver was one of them as it said found network controller while i was installing and then asked me to install, which i tried to do and it straight away said driver not found. Have been able to get it online with ethernet cable and am currently trying to update the drivers that way, failing that am totally lost as to what to do next.

Thanks for your reply. Well at this point I'm really not sure, what i did was i downloaded all the drivers that were available for the make and model and for xp pro and just installed everything. Am pretty sure the driver was one of them as it said found network controller while i was installing and then asked me to install, which i tried to do and it straight away said driver not found. Have been able to get it online with ethernet cable and am currently trying to update the drivers that way, failing that am totally lost as to what to do next.

your just looking for conflicts ,installing all the wrong drivers !

Hi
Give me the exact make and model number Acer Travelmate 4000 what are model numbers underneath. We can use system restore to go back a few days before you installed all the drivers for the network and install the correct one ..... all the numbers from the label

Darren

Hi
Give me the exact make and model number Acer Travelmate 4000 what are model numbers underneath. We can use system restore to go back a few days before you installed all the drivers for the network and install the correct one ..... all the numbers from the label

Darren

Hi Darren, This is all the info on the label:

MFG. DATE :0504 Travelmate 40002LCI
S/N :LXT530608151707708EM24

That code, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_27018086&REV_05\4&16793A72&0&20F0 would be for an Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG? So get the driver for that from Intel's site, and browse to it to install it. Just take the latest version. Google this: Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG driver

That code, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_27018086&REV_05\4&16793A72&0&20F0 would be for an Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG? So get the driver for that from Intel's site, and browse to it to install it. Just take the latest version. Google this: Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG driver

Hi, I had downloaded that driver but it wasn't being recognized for some reason, I did however find a website and downloaded a recovery disk which installed the driver straight away and fixed up a few other issues as well.
Thanks to all for your help.
If anyone is interested this is the website I found for the recovery disk :http://www.user-guides.co.uk/cddownload/Acer/AcerTravelMate/Acer-TravelMate-4002LCi-XP-Recovery-CD-Restore-Driver-Disk-101971.html
They have CD's for all types of pc's .

Well Done Matilda .... for taking the bulls by the horn.... glad we could help

Darren

Hi

Darren

Travelmate 3200

Hi

Darren

Network Controller There is mising drier in my laptop model Travelmate 3201NXCI
i have need it

Nasir

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.