Does anyone out there know how to stop user accounts from loading offensive material onto the desktop background? I have looked ing the registry and found some HKEY listings for user account and desktop but I have got no idea what I'm looking at really,or the values that may need to be entered.I just wish to set the desktop background as a scene in a rainforest or something and leave it at that.
Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It wud be gr8 if u could provide the hijackthis logfile....

here's the link if u don't have it
http://download.cnet.com/HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10379544.html

that isnt what he wants, hes not saying he has spyware, he is just saying he wants to lock the background.

Is it XP pro or home? On XP Pro you can use Local Security Policy to lock the background, on home you will need to dig in the registry.

Thanks jbennet,your on the money with the interpretation of my question and it is XP Pro svcpk3.Your answer is in the ball park,were getting close, but I could not find anything in reference to the desktop.I found a register to lock the theme(for admin and user,and it set the style) but that's it,it still allowed the desktop background to be changed.I searched all the other folders as well but nothing,well nothing with the word background in it though.Any more suggestions??
Thankyou very Much

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.