hi
i have a sony burner when i install it with the cd reboot the system to completed installion it show me a blue screen saying hardware installion failure if u see these screen again follow these step .....
go in safe mode to fix the problem ....... turn off hardware or unplug hardware...... is there a way i can install my burner without any problem?
i have windows xp pro.

thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

My suggest is uninstall it ,in device manager.By going to
ControlPanel > System > Hardware tab >Device manager
> DvD / Cd-rom drive it will show your sony Cd-rw drive,
then uninstall it. then reboot your system.Your system will automatically look for apropriate driver for you Cd-rw
also check you cable if is properly connected.

LEX,

there shouldnt be a driver for a burner, burners 99% of the time just "work" you need software to burn however

yes when i install the software the blue screen will come up again can i just use nero to burn without installing the burner cd software?

yea you should be able to just use nero to burn stuff. the software that came bundled with your burner might be the problem.

thanks alot i guess the software is not made for windows xp

I see ,yeah the problem might be in software.Try using
nero ultra edition. nero 5x is incompatible with windows XP ,coz i try it before.

I been using xp for close to 2 yrs now and have always used Nero ,from 5.5 to ultra 6 with out any problems .

have you ever tried installing IMAGE DRIVE at
NERO 5x on WINDOWS XP Pro. Its unstable, but in
other windows it works fine.

have you ever tried installing IMAGE DRIVE at
NERO 5x on WINDOWS XP Pro. Its unstable, but in
other windows it works fine.

No I havn't ,i use the image drive of Alcohol120% burning software .

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.