Hi. I live in Japan and recently bought a second hand laptop, with Japanese Windows XP on it. When I got it home I promptly installed Opera 9.61 (my favourite browser :) ) and started browsing away. The only problem is that the install program thought I was Japanese and listed every language option in Japanese Kanji symbols. So, I`ve not got an instance of Opera using some unknown language that may be from Eastern Europe. Just out of interest, does anyone know if it`s possible to change the language from within Opera or if I`d have to reinstall and try again?

Steven.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you have the XP CD I think you can change/install the language for US/UK english. Have a look for the language bar on next to the clock.

Did you download the US version?

Try switching languages by clicking on Tools > Preferences > General > Details. (or whichever foreign words seem to resemble the most :-/ ) If Japanese isn't listed, you can download the necessary language files here.

Otherwise try Googling some words to figure out what language it actually is, that might make it easier to translate.

Good luck! :)

If you have the XP CD I think you can change/install the language for US/UK english. Have a look for the language bar on next to the clock.

Did you download the US version?

The guy in the shop did say this is possible, but that you have to do a new installation from the recovery disk. I decided to pass on that option in case it didn`t recover. I managed to find the language options in Opera. For future reference, they`re in the bottom option of the 6th menu to the right, the lowest drop down menu in the window. Thank you both for your help. I just didn`t fancy searching for ages if this facility didn`t even exist.

Steven.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.