I bought a new system and it has no OS on it. So I put in my CD and all it gives is Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and press Enter and it doesnt work I've also set CD ROM Boot as first priority. What am I doing wrong?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I bought a new system and it has no OS on it. So I put in my CD and all it gives is Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and press Enter and it doesnt work I've also set CD ROM Boot as first priority. What am I doing wrong?

does new mean NEW or just new to you !
have you removed the case cover to make sure that the cdrom/hard drive is all wired up right .

Are you watching the screen when you power up, and pressing a key when requested in order to boot from the CD?

Most systems do not do so without user intervention, and prompt for it!

check your bios make sure that your cd is detected by the system..and your cd is bootable...follow what catweazle told you also..

check your bios make sure that your cd is detected by the system..and your cd is bootable...follow what catweazle told you also..

almost a 4 yr old post .whats the point

almost a 4 yr old post .whats the point

This remind me of a certain hairdryer story. ;)

This remind me of a certain hairdryer story. ;)

lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.