Hi all. A few days ago, I started not being able to access a couple of websites I normally visit, getting the "page could not be displayed" window. All other websites I could access without any problem. Then I found I could access them from work, but not from home. I'm using IE 6.0, Windows XP, and a DSL connection.

And now today, when I'm browsing the Internet, after about 15-20 minutes, I get the "page could not be displayed" error while trying to access any website. It lists "Cannot find server or DNS Error" at the bottom of the window. I've got to reboot to get my internet connection back. What's going on here? I've done some searches for DNS errors, without getting much help. Any help would be appreciated. I've not downloaded any software or Windows updates (not running SP 2 either), I've ran Spybot and Adaware, and there doesn't seem to be any spyware doing this.

Does this sound like a connection issue, or a settings issue? Any help at all would be much appreciated.

1. You should not only scan your system for adware/spyware, but also for viruses/trojans etc.

2. Are you using a router? If so, try to ping it next time the internet connection fails.

Michael

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.