Hey guys,

I used to keep getting a screen of death error in XP and I got a new PSU (advice of novatech) and it seemed to have done the trick. However I was installing SP2 for Vista and on the restart to do Step 3 I got a blue screen error:

Product
Windows

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
11/06/2009 03:15

Status
Solution Available

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:	BlueScreen
OS Version:	6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:	2057

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini061109-02.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode:	d1
BCP1:	2DE871CC
BCP2:	00000002
BCP3:	00000000
BCP4:	A43D50CD
OS Version:	6_0_6001
Service Pack:	1_0
Product:	768_1
Server information:	d6669ae8-064f-45e4-a60a-9e516a90845c

ALTHOUGH Vista did say it has provided a solution, it hasn't. Actually what it did was try accusing me of stealing Vista or something claiming it wasn't genuine. Anyway, I tried maybe twice to get it to boot again but kept getting blue screens. I booted in safe mode and did a restore, but this did nothing and got the blue screen error again.

So I restored my BOS settings and it booted up fine. I'm starting to think this maybe a MOBO issue. I mean I haven't changed much in the BIOS as it is. I think I changed the boot disk priority, but thats it.

If the blue screen happens again I'm going to clear my CMOS.

Before then, do you guys have any suggestions?

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Josh Connerty

Try updating your bios firmware, there should be instructions & a download at the site of your Mobo manufacturers site. Sometimes bios firmware updates fix bugs or similar although usually they upgrade to accomodate new hardware it is worth a try.

Also just to note, although it can be pretty rare it does happen where you get a new PSU & it is fine but then shortly after it starts showing signs of being defected & you return with the old problem. You think it's unlikely? It is but it happened to me a few years ago with my comp getting BSOD & losing power for a second (long enough to shut down), replaced PSU, fine for awhile but then it started happening again, so replaced the PSU again (thankfully were able to get money back & all) been fine ever since even though it's now an aged comp.

Thanks for the reply, I think the issue is resolved now (not sure how though). It seems to have fixed itself :P, maybe the PSU felt the same way as me about installing Vista updates. :D

Thanks for your input, will make sure my provider knows it did it once though just so they know.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.