Hello,

a few days ago I configured 2 servers (A and B) to they can use the Terminal Server service per user (for 15 users), getting the licencies from a TS server C.

I did that by reading the following instructions (in spanish):

http://www.ajpdsoft.com/modules.php?...rticle&sid=258

The server C is the TS server, and I didn't configured it for to accept more than 2 licencies of TS (I mean, I'm using the TS configuration by default on that server C).

I don't know if that would be the problem, but since that day I'm getting the following error in the Application Event Viewer of server C:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: LicenseService
Event Category: None
Event ID: 202
Date: 10/9/2006
Time: 2:02:55 PM
User: N/A
Computer:
C
Description:
The product Windows Server is out of licenses. Use Licensing from the Administrative Tools folder for more information on which users are out of compliance and how many licenses should be purchased.

I was reading in Internet about this problem, and I know this is a problem with the licencies of TS, but I don't know how to fix it.
I'm worry about the fact that in 120 days the licencies can stop to works, and so the users can't get in the servers A and B using TS.

The three server are Windows 2003 Standar SP2.
The servers A and B detects correctly the server C as a valid TS server. There aren't any kind of error in the event viewer of server A and B, even when the users are using the TS service.
All the users are using Windows XP SP3.

Thank you for your help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I don't think this is a terminal server error, are there more users on the domain then licenses on the domain controller not TS licenses but regular cal seats.

I don't think this is a terminal server error, are there more users on the domain then licenses on the domain controller not TS licenses but regular cal seats.

Yes, there are more users in my network: around 100 people. All of them have the same domain, and they are using 4 Active Directory servers.
But, It doesn't suppose than mi TS server just serve TS licenses, and not regular cal seats?

Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.