I find the nuance policy of not allowing me to carry one copy of PDF converter (and Dragonspeak) on my laptop, and one on my home PC is a rip... I have to buy two copies, which is RIPOFF, and misleading. I am a student, and do research, and so need two copies, which most other software companies have allowed me.

Please correct me if I am mistaken in my opinion, or direct me to alternative software -- PDF converter (I research multiple PDF files -- papers in religious studies -- and was looking for software that would allow me to group each batch of papers under one heading so that I could do global searches on that set of papers, distinct from other sets of papers.) PDF converter preferred does this, although it has terrible problems with printing, as it takes me sometimes 10 minutes to get 12 pages printed when I download a pdf file, then open it and print for the first time!

Also, what other good voice recognition software for dictation is there?

I find the nuance policy of not allowing me to carry one copy of PDF converter on my laptop, and one on my home PC is a rip... I have to buy two copies, which is RIPOFF, and misleading. I am a student, and do research, and so need two copies, which most other software companies have allowed me.

Also, I have found that dragonspeak preferred does not work well at all at 1.7 gig processor 1.0 gig memory -- it locks up every time I go to spell mode by saying "spell mode on". It will not get out by command, and will process and process and process, 100% processor time, for several minutes, and then come back and say it has too much to process, after which the program is hosed -- have to exit and restart it. Just got the "wonderful" Andrea 181VM USB, installed the whole mess, and here is the result.

try getting tech support online, just loops through screens of icons. phone message machine is full,

I VOTE NUANCE SOFTWARE AS TOO GREEDY -- this life is about humans, and when one has made enough money, and more than enough, obtaining more is a public display of greed. What is the extra money for? not for the good of mankind, just for the owners to get richer. It makes me think of the rich man's house in the middle of the Somalian desert. rich, but nowhere, no society, worried about enemies, etc. etc.

disgusted and discouraged student

SNIP

If you Google the term "open source pdf writer" you'll have a wide choice of free PDF makers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.