I'm trying to repair this XP installation, where i think, the svchost.exe file was corrupted (maybe because of improper shutdown) i tried to run the ipconfig utility in cmd, but the only response i get is:

Windows IP Configuration

Then it goes back to C:\> without displaying the pc's network card id, ip add, etc.

How do i solve this prob. ?

PS

Its doubly hard, coz the XP installed was in korean, and i can only understand english. :P

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Check in the device manager if the network adapter is properly installed.

when in CMD type in , ipconfig /all, note the space between ipconfig and /all

Jackityan,
did you ever get an answer to this or figure it out? I have the same problem. I tried ipconfig /all and I don't get any IP addr data. I checked the device manager and everything looks OK. I've rebooted a few times, run AdAware but still no IP info when I use ipconfig command. I have no idea where this executable is, so I don't know the path.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated, thx

Jackityan,
did you ever get an answer to this or figure it out? I have the same problem. I tried ipconfig /all and I don't get any IP addr data. I checked the device manager and everything looks OK. I've rebooted a few times, run AdAware but still no IP info when I use ipconfig command. I have no idea where this executable is, so I don't know the path.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated, thx

your internet service provider should be able to help you .

how can i reinstall svchost.exe?
xp2
amd
thancks
rubin naftaly
israel

please, how to reinstall svchost.exe?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.