Am facing a problem with windows 2000. Each time i try to submit a long email thru yahoo or try to delete lost of messages at a time thru yahoo
or try to "submit" lot of information thru any web-site my browser window
closes as soon as i hit the delete/submit/send button.

This is not limited to yahoo the other day i was not able to buy a memory card from a web-site called "zipzoomfly" .....so i think it is some specific problem with my pc and browser.

Has anybody ever faced anything like this before.....I have i.e 6.0 service pack1...
Let me know.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hello, I recently had the same problem you did with I.E 6.0 for some reason it just shuts down. I solved the problem by reinstalling Internet Explorer, it worked just fine.

Someitmes the problem can also be related to a pop up blocker you may have.

Hope I helped.

I tried uninstalling the google-toolbar - which had a popup blocker and tried sending a big email thru yahoo - again got the same message - it says "IE has encountered a problem and needs to close"....it trys to send some report to msn support.

First we had IE5.5 - when this problem started 3-4 days back we installed IE 6.0 yest
and the problem still exists. Before everything was fine - somebody has got anymore tips let me know....

what I mean is go to add remove programs and completely uninstall internet explorer.

................................................................................
I was going to suggest a ie repair ,i think you can do it in add/remove programs .add/remove windows components , unchek ie and i think you will be giving the option to repair it .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.