i might have typed a wrong command at CMD or RUN few months back, but now i realised that everytime when i opn CMD, there will be something that was not spose to be there.

it's something like this:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
<C> Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
'C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchust.exe' is not a recognized as an internal or external comman, operable program of batch file

c:\documents and settings\MYACCNAME>

the one i highlighted in BOLD is the line that is not spose to be there. I remembered typing svchust.exe at CMD or RUN. (typing error actually)

how do i get rid of that line?

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

download and run ccleaner it should will old commands along with other junk
www.ccleaner.com

do as suggested by Caperjack..there is svchost.exe but svchust.exe not aware of that file it could be a malware or what..
type tasklist /svc at command prompt to get the list of running services in your system...
try to scan your system also with Malware Bytes.. :)

tried using ccleaner. but the problem still persist
i attached here a screen shot of CMD

What do you get if you enter cmd in a run box?

try svchost.exe.................. not hust.exe

hughv:
that was the main problem. i typed CMD and it showed that printscreen. the error seems to be there eventho i din type anything

zxor 1:
u didnt understand my prob. the prob was, when i open Command Prompt, the screen will be so ( as attached previously).
i didnt type anythign at command prompt, just opened it.

the svchust.exe error happened because i had a typing error few months back. i typed svchust.exe instead of svchost.exe.
i recently noticed the line in command prompt few days ago. maybe it was there since i had the typing error, but i didnt notice it

Open a command prompt and type cls.

hughv
did that. it cleared the screen. after that i exit cmd. and run it again frm RUN. the same screen persist.

i

the svchust.exe error happened because i had a typing error few months back. i typed svchust.exe instead of svchost.exe.

where were you typing when you typed in svchust.exe,the first time!

if i type in svchurt.exe in cmd it gives me the same message but does not return ,
do a ALT+ctrl+del ,bring up task manager ,do you have 5 or 6 svchost.exe showing in the processes section

im not quite sure where i ttpyed it. its either in CMD or RUN.

i have 8 svchost.exe. 4 from System, 2 from Network and the OTher 2 from Local Service

I don't have an answer sorry ,but it make no sense that your cmd opens with this messages just because you typed a command incorrectly ,i do that all the time

i know. thats the weirdest part. my computer is all virus free. its okay. it doesnt reduce performance or anything. its just a sore to the eyes.things that should not spose to be there. u guys get what i mean..hehe

Have you tried typing "CLS"?

Have you tried typing "CLS"?

yup, check post #9

hi, can you try this at cmd window set prompt=$p$g

Run Regedit & browse to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Command Processor\
Examine the AutoRun value - if it has data, edit/cut the data (so you can paste it back if you have to.) When the AutoRun value is empty, open a command prompt and see if it runs properly.

The AutoRun value in that key will cause a command to run every time you open a command prompt. If it's entered incorrectly or not appropriate for an interactive command, you'll get errors.

Glenn

Run Regedit & browse to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Command Processor\
Examine the AutoRun value - if it has data, edit/cut the data (so you can paste it back if you have to.) When the AutoRun value is empty, open a command prompt and see if it runs properly.

The AutoRun value in that key will cause a command to run every time you open a command prompt. If it's entered incorrectly or not appropriate for an interactive command, you'll get errors.

Glenn

thanks glenn. ive already found the error before u post ur suggestion. i just search svchust in regedit and delete it from the registry. did a registry backup before deleting it tho.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.