i might have typed a wrong command at CMD or RUN few months back, but now i realised that everytime when i opn CMD, there will be something that was not spose to be there.

it's something like this:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
<C> Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
'C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchust.exe' is not a recognized as an internal or external comman, operable program of batch file

c:\documents and settings\MYACCNAME>

the one i highlighted in BOLD is the line that is not spose to be there. I remembered typing svchust.exe at CMD or RUN. (typing error actually)

how do i get rid of that line?

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by nabilishes

do as suggested by Caperjack..there is svchost.exe but svchust.exe not aware of that file it could be a malware or what..
type tasklist /svc at command prompt to get the list of running services in your system...
try to scan your system also with Malware Bytes.. :)

tried using ccleaner. but the problem still persist
i attached here a screen shot of CMD

hughv:
that was the main problem. i typed CMD and it showed that printscreen. the error seems to be there eventho i din type anything

zxor 1:
u didnt understand my prob. the prob was, when i open Command Prompt, the screen will be so ( as attached previously).
i didnt type anythign at command prompt, just opened it.

the svchust.exe error happened because i had a typing error few months back. i typed svchust.exe instead of svchost.exe.
i recently noticed the line in command prompt few days ago. maybe it was there since i had the typing error, but i didnt notice it

hughv
did that. it cleared the screen. after that i exit cmd. and run it again frm RUN. the same screen persist.

i

the svchust.exe error happened because i had a typing error few months back. i typed svchust.exe instead of svchost.exe.

where were you typing when you typed in svchust.exe,the first time!

if i type in svchurt.exe in cmd it gives me the same message but does not return ,
do a ALT+ctrl+del ,bring up task manager ,do you have 5 or 6 svchost.exe showing in the processes section

im not quite sure where i ttpyed it. its either in CMD or RUN.

i have 8 svchost.exe. 4 from System, 2 from Network and the OTher 2 from Local Service

I don't have an answer sorry ,but it make no sense that your cmd opens with this messages just because you typed a command incorrectly ,i do that all the time

i know. thats the weirdest part. my computer is all virus free. its okay. it doesnt reduce performance or anything. its just a sore to the eyes.things that should not spose to be there. u guys get what i mean..hehe

Run Regedit & browse to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Command Processor\
Examine the AutoRun value - if it has data, edit/cut the data (so you can paste it back if you have to.) When the AutoRun value is empty, open a command prompt and see if it runs properly.

The AutoRun value in that key will cause a command to run every time you open a command prompt. If it's entered incorrectly or not appropriate for an interactive command, you'll get errors.

Glenn

Run Regedit & browse to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Command Processor\
Examine the AutoRun value - if it has data, edit/cut the data (so you can paste it back if you have to.) When the AutoRun value is empty, open a command prompt and see if it runs properly.

The AutoRun value in that key will cause a command to run every time you open a command prompt. If it's entered incorrectly or not appropriate for an interactive command, you'll get errors.

Glenn

thanks glenn. ive already found the error before u post ur suggestion. i just search svchust in regedit and delete it from the registry. did a registry backup before deleting it tho.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.