Back in Oct I got a worm and the cure for it corrupted all file associations. http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread33603.html
I got many of them restored but many still have major problems. I need to reformat. But even by closely reading the prior instructions, I can't do it. I think that the reason is a program that the virus fixer guy put on my pc. It is called Page Defrag but I can't find it on my pc. I never see that boot from CD message anymore because this program starts up before windows does. So how can I get to the screen that gives me the start from CD choice?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Back in Oct I got a worm and the cure for it corrupted all file associations. http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread33603.html
I got many of them restored but many still have major problems. I need to reformat. But even by closely reading the prior instructions, I can't do it. I think that the reason is a program that the virus fixer guy put on my pc. It is called Page Defrag but I can't find it on my pc. I never see that boot from CD message anymore because this program starts up before windows does. So how can I get to the screen that gives me the start from CD choice?

Hi Bomba, Plz give us full details about how r u trying to boot ur system, did u set the first boot device to CD-Rom and the second boot device to HDD-0. If not then you can set this by hitting Del or F2 key which ever is specified to ur system at the boot process.

Put ur Windows XP or 2000 CD in the drive (as u didnt mention which one ur using :?: ) and then press any key when u get the messg 'press any key to boot from CD'

It was that program that didn't let me see the normal start up screens so I would never see the boot from CD screen. As for all that stuff you are talking about, I have no idea what you mean but I got the problem fixed by crying to a geek friend and he finally figured out that the program was installed in System 32. He deleted it and I was able to reformat. Thanks anyway. I guess Mark won't be calling me anytime randomly again though. LOL

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.