Hi buddy, I encountered a problem at startup, when almost all the icons are loaded on the desktop and some loading is continue in the taskbar. I got a dialog box which gives me the message that "viewMgr has encountered a poblem and needs to close." and this dialog has two buttons send error report and Don't send button. However I send this to Microsoft, with send error report button. Now I want to know that, what was that and is it harmful thing like spyware, trojan or virus or instead it is a windows process.

Please let me know with your precious time and knowledge. I'll be very grateful to you.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Description: File ViewMgr.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files" (normally C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\). Known file sizes on Windows XP are 111,816 bytes (46% of all occurrence), 106,557 bytes, 112,336 bytes, 102,400 bytes, 37,388 bytes, 69,632 bytes, 25,600 bytes.
It is not a Windows system file. The program has no visible window. The program starts when Windows starts (see Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run). The file is a Verisign signed file. ViewMgr.exe is certified by a trustworthy company. The process uses ports to connect to LAN or Internet. ViewMgr.exe is able to monitor applications. Therefore the technical security rating is 43% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

If you have the free version then it would be best to uninstall it as it is classed a risky software.

Hope that helps!

Description:Therefore the technical security rating is 43% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

If you have the free version then it would be best to uninstall it as it is classed a risky software.

Hope that helps!

Kindly tell me little more I have the directory of viewpoint in my program files.
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common and in common here are two files with the name ViewpointService.exe and vistaBoot.sdll and other folder with common and it has some files and folders. But actually I don't understand from where it comes. My last installation was Divx Player and another codecs pack and that pack is directly installed in my system without asking me, where to install. Normally I have all my installations in D and windows only reside in C.

Now I don't understand the things that you mentioned and I quoted them in this message.

Thanks for your help. And please If you know any opensource video player which can play all kinds of videos without the problem of sound.

I'll be very grateful to you.

VLC media player is a very good and free media player.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Go into add / remove programs and see if you can see viewpoint manager there, if you can, uninstall it.

I can't tell you any more about viewpoint as I have avoided it because of it's poor security rating.

VLC media player is a very good and free media player.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Go into add / remove programs and see if you can see viewpoint manager there, if you can, uninstall it.

I can't tell you any more about viewpoint as I have avoided it because of it's poor security rating.

There is nothing like viewpoint manager but I found an entry of viewpoint media player, and I do uninstall it. Now it is right and I don't receive such errors...?

Is your PC now behaving properly?

Is your PC now behaving properly?

Now it don't give me any startup error about viewMgr. Thanks
One more thing I want to know is that when I surfing the net and I have two chrome windows opened and in each window I have almost 7 to 8 tabs opened. And in this condition often my trackpad almost stops working but if I use mouse then there is no problem. So please tell me what is that problem.

Don't mind my strange questions. :(

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.