404xp 0 Newbie Poster

Hey 8).

I'm experiencing strange things since my last IE hijack. I'm using spybot, spyware blaster, pc bug doctor and adaware (of course).

So.. i cleaned the system. Firewall on. Antivirus on.

IE gets me the "page cannot be displayed" thing and outlook express can't connect to my hotmail account but can connect to my private e-mail account.

MSN explorer, netscape, and msn are all functionnal. hotmail.com is also working by an html access.

So funny thing is, i tried to reinstall (repair) IE 6.0. I changed the reg value so i wouldn't get the "same version, can't install error". Everything was nice, IE downloaded and then, at 99% of it's installation, it said "this program ain't approved by microsoft, installation will stop". So it's impossible to reinstall IE right now.

Also, when i tried to go to my internet tools by my IE 6.0 menu, i got the "security restricted" error... told me to contact my system administrator (*that's me). I'm trying to see wath was modified by the last hijacker, but i can't bring my micro$oft utilities back to life.

Did i mention that my date/clock was set to 2004 tonight? What the heck is going on??

*abstract*: IE can't connect to a site anymore and outlook express can't connect to my hotmail account.

Thanks all...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.