I receive a email and the file is wmz. form, I would like to how to open, is anyone can help me, because is quite important to know what is it about inside that file. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

you can be sure caperjack its for Windows Media player 7 its a skin

:rolleyes: WMZ is a skin file for windows media player. I don’t know what version uses it but I’ve used it on my windows xp

Just click on it and media player should automatically change skins to that one

If that does not work try browsing for the media player exe in program files. And running it with that.

I did not write this but found on internet but explains everthing:

*.emz and *.wmz files are GZIP-compressed fully scallable *.emf and *.wmf images and corresponding bitmap images have size suitable for the screen settings used during the HTML-export and size resulting from the size of displayed image in Word. The quality of graphics is usually excellent.

*.emz and *.wmz file formats are recognized as graphics files by MS Office applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint) and may be inserted (Insert/Picture or Image/From file ...) into such documents (and scaled at will).
However, there may be some problems with e.g. displaying fonts in PowerPoint. On my system - Win98/MS Office2k - all Arial fonts in such

*.emz, *.wmz, *.emf, *.wmf files are displayed as Times New Roman - font face is ignored; the same images copied from Word/Excel etc. as objects are displayed OK.
After you uncompress *.emz or *.wmz files into the corresponding uncompressed *.emf and *.wmf formats, such files will be treated as graphics by practically all vector-graphics recognizing applications.
How to uncompress *.emz or *.wmz files:
With GZIP.EXE (free command-line program, gzip.org GNU project):
GZIP.EXE -d <name>.emz ren <name>.em <name>.emf

I did not write this but found on internet but explains everthing:

*.emz and *.wmz files are GZIP-compressed fully scallable *.emf and *.wmf images and corresponding bitmap images have size suitable for the screen settings used during the HTML-export and size resulting from the size of displayed image in Word. The quality of graphics is usually excellent.

*.emz and *.wmz file formats are recognized as graphics files by MS Office applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint) and may be inserted (Insert/Picture or Image/From file ...) into such documents (and scaled at will).
However, there may be some problems with e.g. displaying fonts in PowerPoint. On my system - Win98/MS Office2k - all Arial fonts in such

*.emz, *.wmz, *.emf, *.wmf files are displayed as Times New Roman - font face is ignored; the same images copied from Word/Excel etc. as objects are displayed OK.
After you uncompress *.emz or *.wmz files into the corresponding uncompressed *.emf and *.wmf formats, such files will be treated as graphics by practically all vector-graphics recognizing applications.
How to uncompress *.emz or *.wmz files:
With GZIP.EXE (free command-line program, gzip.org GNU project):
GZIP.EXE -d <name>.emz ren <name>.em <name>.emf

That info was found here, I believe:
http://adsorption.org/awm/prog/ex/HTML-ex.htm

WMZ is compressed file. change ".wmz" to ".zip". And Do uncompressed. "image001" may be like this name that uncompressed file has. just put ".jpg".
but the JPEG file does not good condition for any brawsing, so you should use "paint" default application on windows.

Hi all

Just copy the compressed image file to ur desktop and then drag and drop it to a Word doc

As easy as that ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.