Hello all,

I recently had someone send me an excel file that was made with Excel 2007. I have 2003 Excel and so I could not open. I went to Microsoft support and downloaded the file that did eventually open the file. However, all my other documents I created will not open when I click on them. I have to open excel, then file, then search for the document, click on the file in that window, then it will finally open. It works but it is such an effort especially when opening excel docs on our huge network.

Thanks so much,

opieL2avi

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

All-
Nevermind, I found the answer. Click on EXCEL. Select Tools, select OPTIONS, select General, then deselect "ignore other applications" if it selected.
I've looked at several other posts with the same problem and just to let you know this just worked for me.
opieL2avi

simply u visit to microsoft helpline.

you have to save excel files in the 97-2003 format in excel 2007 to be able to open files in excel 2003

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.