Under a Windows 2003 managed network with mostly XP SP3 machines throughout the network, I would like to know if it's possible to have our "admin" account auto lock after 5 minutes of idle time on any of the machines in the network. Group Policy? Thoughts?

Under a Windows 2003 managed network with mostly XP SP3 machines throughout the network, I would like to know if it's possible to have our "admin" account auto lock after 5 minutes of idle time on any of the machines in the network. Group Policy? Thoughts?

Dont think this can be achived at account level i.e at account set up, you would have to switch on the Screen Saver and set the Wait time to 5 mins and tick "on resume prompt for password", but then you would have to vist each PC to do this. If you must walk away from a Client PC then in my option you should manually lock it or log off.

HTH
Darren

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.