I recently tried to go to oldnavy.com and accidently hit reject cookies instead of accept cookies when prompted by my McAfee security pop up. I have tried everything possible to fix this since I can not go to anything on this website now. What do I do?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I am also having a problem with a website called planetringtones.net. I registered with that website and payed my fee for it but when i tried to login on that site now (put my login and password in) all it does is refresh the page. I can't login and I've contacted there support and they reset my password and everything and they don't know why its doing that either!!?? Anyone know?? Help!!

The first thing to do when troubleshooting network/Internet related problems, especially problems involving security/privacy issues, is to make sure that your firewall software is completely disabled.

Since you said you had McAfee, I'd suggest that you go into the program's options, turn off the option to start the program automatically when Windows starts, and then reboot. Simply choosing "Disable" in McAfee's options once the program is already running doesn't usually shut down all of that program's components.

If you can log in to the site in question once McAfee is turned off, that's a pretty good indication that some preference/setting in McAfee needs to be adjusted.

I recently tried to go to oldnavy.com and accidently hit reject cookies instead of accept cookies when prompted by my McAfee security pop up. I have tried everything possible to fix this since I can not go to anything on this website now. What do I do?

ok, after advice I can now get to the website after disabling my firewall but that still doesn't help me with my login problem?? Any more ideas? Again I can not log onto planetringtone.net, it jsut refreshes the page and their tech support won't help me.

I can not log onto planetringtone.net, it jsut refreshes the page and their tech support won't help me.

Do you have the login problem only at that particular site, or do similar problems occur with other secure sites (sites where you have to log on with a username/password)?

I only have problems logging in to this certain website....even after disabling my firewall, deleting my cookies and temp. internet files, etc.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.