roryt 150 Nearly a Posting Virtuoso

When Mike Shaver spoke at the fifth annual Free Software and Open Source Symposium yesterday he announced many things including: small is better than big, and Open Source software requires your super powers!

Shaver went on to talk about how it is the little things that count towards his project: the Mozilla Project and this is where FireFox comes from. He explains that although much of the work on FireFox has come from the Mozilla company itself but much of it also comes from other individuals who put forward the smaller things that make firefox what it is.

Shaver goes onto say that it is really catching the people who are talented at small things that is the most important part to keeping the project running but he also admits that this does mean that the costs of reviewing all these many small patches is high and does sometimes lack stability.

Mike finished of his speech with this sentence "
"Think about what is the thing that I do best, whatever it is, that's my X factor, my superpower. Think about how you can you use that."

Now I know there are loads of gurus on this type of open source software development so there is your call :!: