Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and am seeking some help with a basic computer problem. Whenever I open Internet Explorer there is no problems at all. However, whenever i close it, a small window always appears saying this:

iexplore.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x5ff3d322" referenced memory at "0x8d3cd6b3". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program

Along with this, I am also experiencing a lot of other problems that i think are related to this. I tried installing a software (Glary Utilities for cleaning up my registry) but as soon as the installation finished, it said something like "application cannot start up". Maybe this might be unrelated, but i thought i'll let you guys know that as well.

Thx in advance for any help!
CC

Contributors
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Suspishio

There could be any of (at least) three reasons for this in likely order of probability:

1/
There is a trojan that is corrupting memory. Scan using Anti-Malwarebytes.

2/
There is a memory conflict with a driver or something that has become located in an area that IE wants to access. What new device or device driver has been added to the system or Windows update?

3/
RAM is misbehaving. Perform a memory check.

That's what comes to my mind first. Other wisdoms may be offered.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.