well after hours i figured out taht the reason i cant share printers is cuz of zonealarm. (it has to be shut down to work). so i figured well ill configure it so that it will accept the ip address. well i THOUGHT i did that but apparently i didnt. on the remote computer i see the comp with the printer but i cant use it. yes i could when zonealarm was down. i got the ips through outlook cuz when i try to run ipconfig it flashes and leaves. when i try to run cmd it gives error. or says ipconfig is not a comman. any help?

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tayspen

What version of windows are you running, AND have you thought about switching to another firewall program?

What version of windows are you running, AND have you thought about switching to another firewall program?

i solved the prob thanks though

Hello,

For the others reading the thread, you may wish to tell us HOW you did it. Giving back to the forum is almost as fun as asking things. :)

Thanks,

Christian

Hello,

For the others reading the thread, you may wish to tell us HOW you did it. Giving back to the forum is almost as fun as asking things. :)

Thanks,

Christian

I am sorry i got it working by configuring the firewalls to allow themselves to "see" the other computers in the network. I did this by adding the ips of each computer.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.