0xC0000005, 0x91D3E28F, 0x90221050, 0x00000000.

The two in the middle are a complete mystery to me and I have been unable to find any resources about them online. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you might have.

Jessie

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

0xC0000005, 0x91D3E28F, 0x90221050, 0x00000000.

The two in the middle are a complete mystery to me and I have been unable to find any resources about them online. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you might have.

Jessie

Would not worry just yet as the initial (0xC0000005) error is the key here, and it may simply be resulting in a string of consequent failures (the cause of those undocumented error codes). Is most commonly a hardware or driver issue, but there are a string of other possibilities, so a culling of possibilities really needed.

You'll need to provide much greater details if we are to be able to help, ie:

• What OS Version (I'm assuming Vista or Win7) and what build - ie, Home Premium, Ultimate, etc
  • When are you getting the blue-screens - are there particular circumstances which are a common pre-cursor?
  • Have you made any recent changes to your system - ie, installing/uninstalling software, hardware changes etc
  • What AV/malware protection are you running at present?

.... also what was the piece of software that failed? The blue screen message usually contains this just below the error code.

.... and you haven't told us if this is a problem you are continually facing ....

I've seen this error along with a few others after Microsoft goofed with a Windows Update. The systems affected all had Windows Vista x64. The trick to fix these is to remove update KB973879 and reboot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.