Hi all

I keep getting the blue screen, this happens intermittently after opening internet explorer.

The stop message is as follows:-

*** STOP *** 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0X85EE3097, OXAA339550, OX00000000)

It then proceeds to do a physical dump.

I hope you can help.

Thanks

Alex

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

hey someone please help him ,
the same error is also happening to me ..

If you are geting this error only after opening IE,then it means the memory is having problem with your IE.

I would recommend you to use an anti-virus and scan your computer with it.

Hi all

I keep getting the blue screen, this happens intermittently after opening internet explorer.

The stop message is as follows:-

*** STOP *** 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0X85EE3097, OXAA339550, OX00000000)

It then proceeds to do a physical dump.

I hope you can help.

Thanks

Alex

try downloading malware bytes and scan your system..how about using another browser like firefox or opera..same thing happens?

always nice to have a how to woth malwarebytes ,!

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

Make sure that you restart the computer.

I think it might be some malware on the PC. It's actually the PC at work. I installed Firefox as it's miles better than IE. I was told I had to uninstall it for some reason as everyone had to use the same browser.

So I uninstalled it, came back from holiday and I had the blue screen problem. I then took Firefox off, it was still the same. I then upgraded IE 6 to IE 7, still the same problem.

I've done all the scans, removed everything that looks dodgy with HijackThis etc.

I'll have to do the Malware bytes scan on Monday. I'll let you know the outcome. Thanks for your help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.