Hi Guys
I installed some software the other day which did not work properly anyway i had a bit of trouble deleteing it anyway its gone now but ever since when i go on to sites like ebay i get the message IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS PAGE,YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS PREVENT YOU FROM AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECTING TO A NEW URL also i cannot log into alot of the sites i nomally visit also i get blank pages when i try to visit the sites.
Also i have noticed i can get into my system restore and also my search tool on my computer comes up blank just with the dog at the bottom.
Can anyone help please i think i must of delteted somthing by accident???

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Moved to the Browser forum until we can get more specific info.

Welcome to DaniWeb, STRAWB2 :)

It's not real clear what you're saying about System Restore there; are you able to use it to set your system back to a date before you started having problems?

Also, can you give us some more information, like your operating system, browser, etc.?

Hey people,
I uninstalled Norton antivirus due to failure of registration but ever since when i go on to yahoo mail it opens but before logging i get the message IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS PAGE,YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS PREVENT YOU FROM AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECTING TO A NEW URL then when I'm logged I can't delete or compose any e-mail messages. Plus my browser can't open hotmail and i get a blank page. I use internet explorer on XP (SP2) system. Any suggestions?

Hi dento,

First of all- welcome to TechTalk!

We do ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please try to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, etc.).

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_faq#faq_rules

Thanks for understanding.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.