I have a problem.

I was playing NBA 2k10 in my PC. At first it is smooth then after minutes or so it became slow and choppy, i cant play good it's annoying me,but after sometimes it comes back to being smooth then slow then smooth then slow its freaking dying me out!

by the way i read some articles about it and i find some it have a problem in cooling system , wattage , whatever

please help me how to solve this prob.

sorry for my english

Recommended Answers

All 45 Replies

Hi,
Have you been able to play it OK before this event?
How much memory do you have?
Are any other programs effected any time?
Please tell us as much about what is happening as you can.

Yes sir as i have said

at first Smooth gameplay then rough/slow gameplay
then smooth then slow then smooth then slow ............................

ITS ANNOYING ME. i cant play it good pls help me

Hi,
Please tell us as much about what is happening as you can.

Hi,
No one can help you without information, please answer the questions asked and maybe we can help!!

Yes, first its ok then it go slow then smooth and then slow again.

1gb the recommended of 2k10 is 512mb but the optimal is 2gb
i can play at ALL LOW settings but the SLOW then SMOOTH problem is still there.

All games

SORRY SIR I DONT KNOW THAT I NEED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS
im new sir

OK,
Yes. If you don't tell us about your problem we can not know how to help you.
It sounds like you are having a problem with your memory.
Sometimes, some of the windows protected files can be lost or changed. To detect any problems run the program “System File Checker” (SFC). Before you run it you should purge your PC’s cache:-

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”.. sfc.exe /purgecache

Note:- the space after “exe”.

The “purgecache” in this command will empty the cache before you run the file checker. You should always purge the cache before scanning with the System File Checker (SFC). That way, you can be sure that system files are copied from your Windows installation media, and are not infected with malware or corrupted. After the cache has been purged, run System File Checker.

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”… sfc.exe /scannow

Note:- the space after “exe”. You may be required to use your installation disk.

This could take a long time to complete, when finished, reboot and see if the problem still exists.

is that installation disk is WINDOWS XP installer?

Hi,
Yes, the SFC program will need to check files from it to ensure that yours are OK.

Maybe try different graphic with 1GB RAM. Like ATI 4870 if your PC has the slot.

Maybe try a different computer with 1Gb RAM. Like an Asus Eee PC 1005H if his pocket has the cash.
Or maybe we can try to fix what he has and not cost him anything, hey, that a good idea!

Sir bob do you have a yahoo messengeR?
are you a filipino?

Sir bob do you have a yahoo messengeR?
are you a filipino?

1. OO
2.Hindi, Married to one and living in the Philippines in Davao

I cannot do that steps sir because i don't have my windows XP installer. It's Lost.

I read some sites and i read that wattage and heat problem may BE also the problem of slowdowns.

I think if that is one of the problem i can solve it.
Sir bob to you have some tips how can i solve it by the wattage and heat problem?

can i get your yahoo messenger sir?because to have more accurate and fast replies

Hi,
If you have temp or wattage problem, you have major hardware problems and it will be expensive to repair. If you do not have a Windows installation disk I am unable to assist you any further.
Sorry I could not help you.

If you think you have a heat problem, you might buy some "canned air" (a gas in a spray can, available at computer stores), remove the side cover, and blow out the dust, particularly around the microprocessor heat sink and video card heat sink. If it doesn't work, the canned air will be useful in the future. If it may be low power line voltage, try the computer when power usage is down, maybe late at night, and see if there is an improvement
Jim

Hi again,
I just found this, see if it can help you.
How to Create a Bootable Windows XP Setup Disk on a Preinstalled / Preloaded Windows System
Has your Windows XP Operating System disk been damaged or lost and you want to make a new one, it may be possible. Go to:-
http://www.howtohaven.com/system/createwindowssetupdisk.shtml
Follow the instructions there and if you are lucky, you will be able to make a new disk

Bob do you see that my only problem is in my system files?
not in power or temperature? I can buy a new memory or new higher power supply if you can

Can i have 2gb of memory with this motherboard? asus p5me
i can insert 2 memory cards in that mother board

Hi,
Check your motherboard model number, p5me is incorrect. then go to:- http://www.asus.com/ProductGroup2.aspx?PG_ID=mKyCKlQ4oSEtSu5m
Type in your Motherboard model number and find out for your self.
But, if you have two or more RAM slots, you should be able to run 2Gb and maybe a lot more.
But, you have a problem now with your PC, if you were to run 150GB RAM it still might not fix your problem.
Fix you problem and you may not need extra RAM.

I just solved my problem earlier.
Gladly i just reinsert my rams and cleaned its copper chip when i insert it. POOM and my 2k10 with low graphics without slowmo is happening.

But i need higher ram to play with high graphics

How My problem solved
1. even in LOW graphics i have slowmo.

It Happened again!!
I want to give up but i hope i can fix my computer by using bob's way.

Now i have the windows XP installer

Bob can you estimate how long the fixing will happen?

EDIT:
Can i have the step(more informative than the 1st) because i am confused.
This are some questions

1. If i do this, do my files will be deleted(formatted)?
2. Do i need to insert 1st the Cd before i do the purging?
3. How do i know when the purging is finished?

hi,reading most of the post to try and figre out what it might be ,
this is from post #5
Bobs question,Have you been able to play it OK before this event?
your answer
Yes, first its ok then it go slow then smooth and then slow again.
i thing bob meant did this game play good say last month or last year even,not when you first turn it on .
so when did you install the game and has it always acted this way

Caperjack, He is from the Philippines and speaks Tagalog, can you speak that as well? LOL

Caperjack, He is from the Philippines and speaks Tagalog, can you speak that as well? LOL

off course ,first need take time how to say lol

I do not know that he mean that. I can not understand some english so here is my answer

It is been my major problem this year It always happen, but when i reformat i do not know if it is happening because i didnt tried

but my brother said when he is playing SF(Soldier Front , Special Force)
there is no slow motion happening. So it happens only in 2k10 (Much more require specs than SF)

Good am,
gumagana ba maigi ang game na 2k10?o palagi bang may problema.

em not bob

Hi,
When did you re-format? Why have you not tried to see if it works? you post here 10 times for a problem that may not now exist?

Try your game again, if you still have problems go and buy another 1GB RAM, take your 1GB with you so that you get the right RAM. Put it in the other slot, check to see it is recognized (Reboot your PC and look at how much RAM you have as it boots, you can freeze the loading by pressing "Pause" and then enter when you are finished).
If your PC is still playing up, then post back here with the problem.

Hi again,
If you do not know how to change RAM, search with Google in Tagalog "How to replace RAM" you should get sites with photos to show you how to do it.

I have a problem.

I was playing NBA 2k10 in my PC. At first it is smooth then after minutes or so it became slow and choppy, i cant play good it's annoying me,but after sometimes it comes back to being smooth then slow then smooth then slow its freaking dying me out!

by the way i read some articles about it and i find some it have a problem in cooling system , wattage , whatever

please help me how to solve this prob.

sorry for my english

You probably have too many programs running at once, eating up too much memory, freezing your programs. Either take some off the Startup menu (can be done using Windows Defender in the Control Panel), or by removing programs you don't need in Add or Remove Programs. Then restart your computer.

i've reformat now and there is the problem again it doesn't fix

OK,
What is your problem, please try to explain it as much as you can.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.