I have installed a fresh copy of WinXP. I recently came to know about spyware malware adware so i installed IObit security, Malware bytes Spybot, counterspy ,Superantispyware. I could get some 20 infected items I removed it. IObit security there is a security option where i never installed security updates from microsoft other than WinXPSP 1 2 and 3. So i installed it on my computer after that . after 1 hour i again rebootted the computer . Stop error blue screen so i restarted my computer. booted winxp in safemode and sorted out this stop error issue. now The Chdsk option comes every time at startup First attempt winXP will not boot properly and hangs up after sometime. Then as no option is left i press the rest button on my computer. It again reboots after conducting chkdsk and after that boots fully. I searched some forums but i couldnt find solution. Please help

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,
There ways to over-ride the PC starting with CHKDSK but it is happening for a reason, so it is better to find and fix that reason. First up you could check your protected files, Sometimes, some of the windows protected files can be lost or changed. To detect any problems run the program “System File Checker” (SFC). Before you run it you should purge your PC’s cache:-

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”.. sfc.exe /purgecache

Note:- the space after “exe”.

The “purgecache” in this command will empty the cache before you run the file checker. You should always purge the cache before scanning with the System File Checker (SFC). That way, you can be sure that system files are copied from your Windows installation media, and are not infected with malware or corrupted. After the cache has been purged, run System File Checker.

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”… sfc.exe /scannow

Note:- the space after “exe”. You may be required to use your installation disk.

This could take a long time to complete, when finished, reboot and see if the problem still exists.

Hi again,
This would be the perfect time for you to create a slipstreamed OS disk.
Slipstreaming your XP Operating System Disk is an easy and very time saving job. When you need to reinstall or repair Windows, you will have SP3, the drivers for your PC, the serial number and a number of hot fixes etc that have been released since SP3 all on your CD. You can insert the CD, click install and come back an hour later to an up-to–date PC, needing only a few updates on-line (plus IE8, Media player11 etc) Click on this link to find out how to make your own CD:-
http://lifehacker.com/386526/slipstream-service-pack-3-into-your-windows-xp-installation-cd
For a simpler no frills program, try Auto slipstreamer. http://fileforum.betanews.com/download/AutoStreamer/1092632287/1

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.