Hi everyone :)
Just recently, my computer has been acting weird. I'm bad at explaining so I'll try to outline the problems instead.
- Takes longer to boot up. I've waited 10 minutes for my laptop to boot up and then I press and hold power button until it reboots. When I do that, it seems to boot up faster. I get two options at start up when I do that: Run this start up problem finder or regular start up. Either way it seems to start up faster.
- Will randomly lock up. I could be downloading a song or something and it will lock up causing me to go through the long restart process.
- Just now, I was running a virus scan and while it was running, I went to shower. During the time I was in the shower, my computer restarted on it's own. I walk into my room to see my computer checking my disk drives at start up. When I finally was able to log in, windows said the following files caused the reboot:
For the record:
- I have Windows Vista with the latest service pack.
- I use Avast! anti-virus
- My laptop is a Dell Studio 7.
If you need any more info, let me know. I just want to have this figured out.